Tuesday

Regions Bank = Poor Customer Service

Went to change a $100 bill at a Region's Bank in Georgia today - since that's all I had and most small businesses can't change $100 without at least a little difficulty.

Cashier asked if I had an account, I said no (it was the nearest bank). He informed me that he couldn't help me because he wouldn't be able to reach me "in case he needed to afterward."

Nevermind that this is complete BS, I can understand that certain privileges are reserved for customers and used as an incentive to become one. But shouldn't certain courtesies be extended to entice others?

I was floored. I really couldn't believe this was the policy. . .I stared. . .for nearly 20 seconds.

Happy ending: the customer at the next bay, in disbelief himself, gave me change for my $100 bill.

Note: Regions has a PR firm that, no doubt, trolls the web looking for positive and negative statements about their company.

Here's a blog post for them to find. I'm going to log out so I can tweet a similar message, since I've already told at least 4 people (all in under an hour).

No comments: